Allergy Problems

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Allergy Problems

Post by Guest on Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:27 am

Ok, So I'm new to the area and for the first time in my life I'm having allergy attacks. I just wondering if anyone else had bad allergies and I was kinda wondering what they do to handle their problems because claritin and nasonex isn't really hacking it. And I still don't know what I'm allergic to even, I need another round of scratch testing.

I'd appreciate any input, advice, black magic, home remedies, whatever until I can get into the doc again to get my meds changed.

Thanks~

Back to top Go down

Re: Allergy Problems

Post by 01YZF6 on Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:42 am

not sure of the lay of the land over towards mobile, but over here this tims of year they are stripping cotton fields and turning hay, which can cause massive amounts of pollen and dust in the air.

01YZF6
Leading the Pack

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by joeyputt on Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:24 am

...and to add to brother yz's post when they are not cultivating everything they are dumping and spraying thousands of gallons of chemicals on the fields which always make me feel real good!
joeyputt
Leading the Pack

View user profile http://www.dwmsracing.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JSteele on Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:34 am

Claritan or Zyrtec. The WalMart versions is actually what I use. Works for me.
JSteele
Bent Wheel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Paladin on Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:48 pm

a hot toddie does the trick for me. I don't know if it helps, but I sure as sugar don't care anymore.
Paladin
Road Captain

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:18 pm

heh, well thanks guys at least i know why I'm dying slowly... I was almost tempted to get the gas mask on before i managed to get the prescription version of Claritin and some Nasonex. Was told about something called a knettle pot? (basically I sinus douche?)... weird but it's supposed to work for severe attacks. Nose spray Afrin worked for today and hopefully the new meds will help me get back to riding.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon on Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:41 am

Depends on the symptoms. For a runny nose, the ONLY thing that helps me is real Actifed. The kind they keep locked up at the drug store because it has Pseudoephedrine in it. But makes most people drowsy and sometimes messes with the stomach.

Wheezing....Primatine Mist helps some people and is over the counter at walgreens in mist or pills. Otherwise a Dr. has to prescribe and costs around 30-35 for that kind of inhaler.

Itchy skin or rash....Benadryl helps most people.

However, anyone should take care in reading all labels and being careful before trying new meds.

I would say it's a combination of a new climate, said climate now changing rapidly into fall/winter and like they said, harvest and general dust raising time. You will adjust in time, just sucks getting over it.

(Had tons of allergies since birth. Wink )

Rash and itching...
Dragon
Obsessive Member

View user profile http://www.wind-therapy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Paladin on Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:46 am

I use a netti pot and it DOES work wonders.
Paladin
Road Captain

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top