Hey Nick..

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hey Nick..

Post by weirdbeard on Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:08 pm

What do you know about the Yamaha R6? I got some guy wanting to trade an 04 for my 98 Yukon.. I would not mind having a sport bike.. Just don't know much about um. Suspect
weirdbeard
Leading the Pack

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hey Nick..

Post by Guest on Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:19 pm

no maintenance except for oil changes, spark plugs are a little involved to change. yall talk about aftermarket parts for harleys yall cant touch the market that sportbikes have. more speed and power than you would ever want, and if you want more 30 minutes with 1 tooth down in the front and two teeth up in the rear with a 520 chain conversion all that will run you like $200 and you can outdo 1000 cc bikes. super tough bikes built to hammer on and they will always ask for rmore. if it is in good condition an 05 fetches 3500 06 usually 5000. I dont think you will be disappointed with the bike. and when you get tired of it there are always plenty of folks looking for that bike

Back to top Go down

Post by weirdbeard on Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:33 pm

COOL!! Thanks man.. Now I really want it! Twisted Evil

Aftermarket go fast parts. UMMMM...go fast......
weirdbeard
Leading the Pack

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:44 pm

The R6 has an extremely comfortable seating and riding position. The power of them is less than that of the competitors (ie suzuki, honda, kawasaki) but they corner really hard due to a lower center of gravity and a better front fork cartridge than the competitors. There are tons of parts for them, but the best bang for the buck is a Yoshi exhaust, K&N filters, and a re-mapping of the ECU. Easily gain 15-18 hp for $400-550. But to me, the stock power is really enough if you don't want to race it. I would spend my money on a set of Maxxis tires, they are a little high, but they are sticky as snot! I had a pair on my CBR and you could get over to a knee really easy. A nice slip on can will give you a more aggressive sound for cheaper than a whole exhaust. If you want it to tote the tire easily (it does this anyway, but if you want more) drop one tooth off the rear sprocket. Like I said before, the suspension of the R6 is top of the game for sport bikes; also the brakes are perfect on the R6, so with the right tires, you can go as deep in a corner as your sack will let you! If your Yukon is a spare vehicle, and you have another cage to drive when needed, I would most likely do it. Nick is spot on about the money part, but if it is the blacked out model with the red wheel stripes, it is work anywhere from 500 to 1000 more. Good luck and let me know what comes of it, I will be glad to take you to my curvy road, as long as you let me get a run in! Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon on Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:49 pm

Yeah Nick....we all know Harleys are slow, too.....

Razz

I would say at face value (not knowing the condition of either trade ) that's a pretty good deal on the R6. Go for it. Smile
Then give it to Nick for about a week. Wink
Dragon
Obsessive Member

View user profile http://www.wind-therapy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:03 pm

you want to drop one off the front for acceleration or add to the rear. one down in the front is worth 1.8 up in the rear. the black edition he is speaking of is called the raven, hard to find in the south and if you do they are usually proud of them. I'm not a fan of the maxxis because I usually push them in a turn I prefer the dunlops especially for toys. power commanders are very prevelant for this bike. I lean to bazzaz but I am a tuning freak. it boils down to the fact that you can do whatever you want with that bike from show it to drag

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:03 pm

we all need to hit some curves especially with the little 600

Back to top Go down

Post by weirdbeard on Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:03 pm

tWistedWheelz wrote: Good luck and let me know what comes of it, I will be glad to take you to my curvy road, as long as you let me get a run in! Twisted Evil

Oh I see how it is! Your road is to good for my Harley? Razz
We will see what happens.. Its just some weirdo off C-list.. He might just be wanting to waste my time. and get my hopes all up. Evil or Very Mad

I would love to try out a bike that runs 9s in the quarter! Those are some fast Harleys. cheers
weirdbeard
Leading the Pack

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by weirdbeard on Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:06 pm

nickestes wrote:we all need to hit some curves especially with the little 600

Dang right. Twisted Evil
weirdbeard
Leading the Pack

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:06 pm

I'm sorry did anybody notice the damn 9 sec passes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:46 pm

I am just not a fan of Dunlops anymore really as a sport tire, they are not the quality they once were. In the 80's you could not find a better tire, but Maxxis and Pirelli make the best rubbers for getting balls deep in a tight one now! This is all opinion though, and nick your right on the sprockets, I ment lose a tooth on the front, oops. I have to say though, I just don't believe your pushing Maxxis tires but sticking on Loppers! I will have to see that one, Maxxis has one of the stickiest tires on the market!

Nah brother that harley can come rip on my little stretch of twisties anytime! As long as you let me know your coming this way, we will jet over to my place and have a brew when we are done.

affraid 9 sec 1/4 mile affraid

Back to top Go down

Post by joeyputt on Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:57 pm

Nick is right on with the gearsets, 1 tooth on the front equals 4 on the back for figuring your ratios, but compared to your sporty I would think you would be more than overjoyed with the r6's stock gearing...they are awesome bikes the only complaint I have about them is the frame tends to get a little warm on the ones I have driven comparatively to other sportbikes.
joeyputt
Leading the Pack

View user profile http://www.dwmsracing.com

Back to top Go down

Post by joeyputt on Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:03 am

...and just to give dragon a little back up my lightly modded ironhead 1000cc sporty motor in a drag frame has outrun 600cc sportbikes in the 1/4 easily...to even my surprise at first! Don't get me wrong I own and have raced both american and import bikes so I am not taking sides I am sitting on the fence!!!
joeyputt
Leading the Pack

View user profile http://www.dwmsracing.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon on Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:02 am

Aw, Nick knows I am just pokin him a lil. Very Happy

He has ridden my 96 twin cam, punched out to 103 with lots of little goodies...Twisted Evil
Dragon
Obsessive Member

View user profile http://www.wind-therapy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:27 am

the frames do get smoking hot, they dont have insulators on the motor mount bolts, dragon has an intimate knowledge of this bike now. my dunlops dont push in the front and I like a little slip in the back, the maxxis just have a tight traction point the dont slip they just fail an I like to feel my tire, I can get more angle from the maxxis but feel more with dunlops.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:53 am

Dunlops, Maxxis, it doesn't matter, just keep it out of the swamp nick! Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by weirdbeard on Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:22 am

Deviant1 wrote:Dunlops, Maxxis, it doesn't matter, just keep it out of the swamp nick! Razz

That was a low blow. Razz
weirdbeard
Leading the Pack

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:43 pm

thats alright, I'll take the low blow we all know its not if its when, so lets hope we dont see the shiny under the green. he travels the same roads I do quite frequently, and the big SUV is dtill at large lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by weirdbeard on Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:23 pm

nickestes wrote:the big SUV is dtill at large lol!

And looking for a motorcycle hood ornament. Evil or Very Mad
weirdbeard
Leading the Pack

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:53 pm

he tried, but I was quicker on the rear brake, my buddy said that there was no where else I could have went, he had to hit the emergency lane

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top