new member saying hello. Semmes alabama

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: new member saying hello. Semmes alabama

Post by Guest on Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:14 pm

I know of the style and history, I just didnt hear about it. I guess the kafe guys that I know arent really in the know, I'll have to get on them for missing an event that close to home

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantom on Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:01 pm

Dang, that was in my backyard.

Admin

View user profile http://www.samcsociety.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:08 pm

it was at McSharry's pub, I found out about it through another forum I frequent (www.dotheton.com)

Nick, I was not trying to say you didn't know what the mod vs. rockers were, just putting it out there for those who don't.

I don't know too many cafe guys around these parts besides Deviant and myself.....but i would like to meet all of them. Nick, are there some on here....maybe we could get a cafe thread going!

Back to top Go down

Post by Phantom on Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:11 pm

tWistedWheelz wrote:....maybe we could get a cafe thread going!

Done.

Admin

View user profile http://www.samcsociety.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ZombieNNN on Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:27 pm

Got the "No Pickle" thing.
ZombieNNN
Middle of the Pack

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:59 pm

I've known about it for a couple of months, but there isn't anyone besides me and twisted on here that's into cafe racers. I was planning on going until my bike wet the bed. Definately next month though.
And nick, it's cafe with a "c."

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon on Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:05 pm

No harm, no foul on anyone's part as far as I see. And ANY type of riding, class, model, make, style, preference, taste or feel is a good thing on this board....Very Happy

In my HUMBLE opinion.....lol!
Dragon
Obsessive Member

View user profile http://www.wind-therapy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by camo on Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:23 pm

Deviant1 wrote:I've known about it for a couple of months, but there isn't anyone besides me and twisted on here that's into cafe racers. I was planning on going until my bike wet the bed. Definately next month though.
And nick, it's cafe with a "c."

I am into cafe racers, jsut dont have one right now. looking for my next project as we speak. Decided to wait on a DR now I am looking for an older bike to build a cafe racer, i was inspired..
camo
Rear of the Pack

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:46 pm

I know a few guys who get me to make rear sets and brackets like that, or tank mods. and if I am feeling real generous maybe fab up a fiber glass tail ( I hate the itchy stuff ). they are pretty spread out and quite frankly they are more about the image than riding them so we dont mix that well

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:05 am

nickestes wrote:I know a few guys who get me to make rear sets and brackets like that, or tank mods. and if I am feeling real generous maybe fab up a fiber glass tail ( I hate the itchy stuff ). they are pretty spread out and quite frankly they are more about the image than riding them so we dont mix that well

Well show some pics of your cafe work Nick...and tell those guys to come out and show off....if they are into the image thing...we have to see it in order for there to be an "image".

Deviant and I put a good many miles on ours....I have only had the CB350f for a month now, and I have put over 1100 miles on it. Would have put a bunch more if the weather had not been so damn wet lately!

And dragon is right, I am not here to defend my likes or dislikes....I am here for what we do have in common....and that is spending time upright on two wheels!

Ride on my friends.....ride on!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:49 am

That's right Twisted. Keep 'em in the wind and shiny side up and everything'll come out in the wash. Wink
And nick I'd love to see some pics of your rearset work. I'm about to do a set on my bike and I'm trying to get as much stuff in my brain as possible before I begin to fab mine up. What models of bikes did you put rearsets onto and did you fab your own or modify a set from a late model sportbike or what? I'm not sure what route I'm going to go yet...

Back to top Go down

Post by camo on Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:48 pm

I agree, it doesnt mater what you ride, I have owned or riden everything from Aprilla to Zundapp and still going. I liked em all. Ride em like you stole em, and keep the ribber side down
camo
Rear of the Pack

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:10 pm

I seem to always revert to using parts from the old GSX's cause I always have two or three laying around, most of the time you can massage the factory peice and just weld a couple of bungs here and there. I did one sick one from aluminum with speed holes in it that is very akin to the heel plate on a modern sportbike. usually I just flow with what the bike needs, some need just to get done and others just have a heartbeat that requires you to pull something from your imagination. I say let your mind wonder, and bring something about that will blow previous ideas out of the water.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:15 pm

I was thinking of doing something similar with aluminum plate. I've got aluminum pegs and I could modify the stock controls. GSXR rearsets are nice, but I think I want something that will look sporty and vintage. Using the stock levers might help me get what I'm looking for. I've got several designs I've been contemplating, but that won't happen till I take her down again this winter.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:42 pm

there are some control sets at the shop that might give you some ideas

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top